Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Name

My Name
Carolina
            Hi! I am Carolina Teresa Maria Nacouzi. “Carolina” is a name that you can find in Italy and a few other countries. It is not a very common name; other a-likes are more popular such as Caroline which is mostly heard in the USA and the United Kingdom. The origin of my name is English, French, Italian, and Mexican but i THINK it might also be German. The English meaning of my name is “Joy”,” song of happiness”. The French meaning is also “Song of Happiness”, in Mexican it means “Beautiful Woman” and in Italian it means “strong”. I didn’t know that! I am Italian-Cypriot though I wasn’t named with a name that comes from that country on purpose, my parents liked the name and decided to call me like that.
            It was my parents who chose my name, they chose “Carolina” when they heard the name of the girlfriend of a friend of my fathers and liked it so they called me like that.
            I LOVE my name! (I like also others’ names, don’t worry!) I think my parents chose a name that fit with me well, when I imagine the name “Carolina” I think of a girl with freckles and red hair like me, I don’t know why! I also love the shortenings of my name such as “Carol” and “Carrey”, I particularly like “Carrey”, some people call me like that such as some of my friends, my past housemaid, my father (sometimes), my sister, yeah! But I also like it when my brother calls me Caroline, it sounds so cute when he says it! J If I have children in the future I would love to call a daughter Emma (coming from one of my favourite celebrities, Emma Watson), if it is a son I think that I like the names Charles (coming from the Little House on the Prairie, the Pa), there are many names I like some others are Anne, Stephany, Nikki, Isabel, Freda, Millie, and many more! J       

No comments:

Post a Comment